Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Identity-less Pride Prize



I forgot the beauty of the sun

As I found myself dancing at the glow of the moon

Busy flirting with forgetfulness nightmares

As I forgot how to speak my tongue

But remembered how to tango with the darkness.


Screaming on mountain tops

I faulted those who awarded crowns

& painted the earth red

for its murderous hands

dealt a hand of stubbornness

as the lessons of my fathers

seeded deaf soils

that my mothers mulching

seized to germinate yield.


Yielding to empty hands

but laziness

As I waited for my parents' store

to fill this belly of mine

uncandid wines & curses

their hands get stained

floating my freedom to ravage their stores

while I beat the chest with pride

of my identity-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment